My Favorite Colour in Z06 AWSOME

C6 Photographs; includes engine bays & interiors.

Moderators: DOC, MR.WOLF, australi, smackC4

YLLA 88
*Gold Class Member #444

My Favorite Colour in Z06 AWSOME

Postby YLLA 88 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:56 pm

Hey boy's and Vette Girl,

Guess what one of our our customers bought over.... Yeap a new Z06 and he gave me the keys and let me take it for a blurt! AWSOME!

gtc
* VIP Forum User

Postby gtc » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:48 pm

Love it. A few bucks involved there.

Unsprung
*Senior Forum User

Postby Unsprung » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:16 pm

gtc wrote:A few bucks involved there.

Just a few. :-x Grey market import, new, as well as RHD conversion. I reckon this car is not the sort of thing that one sees every day. Reminds me of that saying, "Last of the V8 interceptors"!

The Z06, with its wide-body fenders, looks wicked in yellow.

Set the cruise control on 300km/h and drive to Perth! Is there an enforced speed limit once you get out of town?

gtc
* VIP Forum User

Postby gtc » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:47 pm

Unsprung wrote:Set the cruise control on 300km/h and drive to Perth! Is there an enforced speed limit once you get out of town?

Yep, most (maybe all, now)states have a maximum speed limit of 110kph.

Unsprung
*Senior Forum User

Postby Unsprung » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:56 pm

gtc wrote:
Unsprung wrote:Set the cruise control on 300km/h and drive to Perth! Is there an enforced speed limit once you get out of town?

Sounds sensible. However, I suppose that there are remote parts with very long straights where, during the daylight hours, this speed limit might seem, er, a bit too cautious.

gtc
* VIP Forum User

Postby gtc » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:58 pm

Unsprung wrote:
gtc wrote:

Sounds sensible. However, I suppose that there are remote parts with very long straights where, during the daylight hours, this speed limit might seem, er, a bit too cautious.

Until recently, the wild Northern Territory had no speed limit. It also has the country's highest per capita consumption of alcohol. You can do the math.

nifty
*Gold Class Member #427

Postby nifty » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:01 pm

,DROOOOOLLLL yellow is my favorite colour....nice ONESTEEL sign in the background as well....

Unsprung
*Senior Forum User

Postby Unsprung » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:08 pm

gtc wrote:
Unsprung wrote:
gtc wrote:

Until recently, the wild Northern Territory had no speed limit. It also has the country's highest per capita consumption of alcohol. You can do the math.

Understood.

For the record, I can attest to having participated in the consumption part of that equation (but not the driving part) when I was in NT. Different from sipping a Chardonnay in the Yarra Valley with a BHP mate who had lived in New York. And I say: vive those differences. Both were fun.

gtc
* VIP Forum User

Postby gtc » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:13 pm

Unsprung wrote:For the record, I can attest to having participated in the consumption part of that equation (but not the driving part) when I was in NT. Different from sipping a Chardonnay in the Yarra Valley

Did you encounter the infamous Darwin stubby?

gtc
* VIP Forum User

Postby gtc » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:15 pm

(wrong thread)

Jarrad
*Senior Forum User

Postby Jarrad » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:19 am

Unsprung wrote:

Set the cruise control on 300km/h and drive to Perth! Is there an enforced speed limit once you get out of town?

Not if they can't catch you :-x

YLLA 88
*Gold Class Member #444

Postby YLLA 88 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:49 am

nifty wrote:,DROOOOOLLLL yellow is my favorite colour....nice ONESTEEL sign in the background as well....

I put that in just to see if ya's notice Nifty..... :-o :-o :-o :-o

YLLA 88
*Gold Class Member #444

Postby YLLA 88 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:59 am

Hey Lad's seeing you like those pic's so much I've added a few more.... if ya like these ones too.......let me know and than I'll post the one of me striping and posing next to her! :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o

As sight to be seen :) :) :) :) :) :) P.S ORSUM conversion job, the bloke at the local RTA said it's one of the best conversions they had ever seen. The owner Jim imported the Vette himself with 3000 klm on the clock and had just gotten it back fro being converted in Melbourne

gtc
* VIP Forum User

Postby gtc » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:15 am

YLLA 88 wrote:if ya like these ones too.......let me know and than I'll post the one of me striping and posing next to her!

I like those pics, but I'll pass on the extras. :-x

jasont
Gold Class Member #436

Postby jasont » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:15 am

YLLA 88 wrote:P.S ORSUM conversion job, the bloke at the local RTA said it's one of the best conversions they had ever seen. The owner Jim imported the Vette himself with 3000 klm on the clock and had just gotten it back fro being converted in Melbourne

Any details on who did the conversion?

It's a shame Australia requires the side indicator, just doesn't sit right with the Z06 badge :(

Boring request, but do you have any close-ups of the glove box area. It looks a bit concave in the last picture.

Unsprung
*Senior Forum User

Postby Unsprung » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:23 am

gtc wrote:
Unsprung wrote:For the record, I can attest to having participated in the consumption part of that equation (but not the driving part) when I was in NT. Different from sipping a Chardonnay in the Yarra Valley

Did you encounter the infamous Darwin stubby?

Ha! :-x That particular bottle... no. But I did have plenty of the standard stubby variety. I also did a few days in Kakadu in one of those three-axle trucks, and I have a funny story about that which I'll share another time.

nifty
*Gold Class Member #427

Postby nifty » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:31 am

YLLA 88 wrote:Hey Lad's seeing you like those pic's so much I've added a few more.... if ya like these ones too.......let me know and than I'll post the one of me striping and posing next to her! :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o
HA....DARE YA.......... :-x

Unsprung
*Senior Forum User

Postby Unsprung » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:32 am

Jarrad wrote:
Unsprung wrote:

Not if they can't catch you :-x

:-) In some places, they might not catch you, because they're not even there. I mean, some rural places are just empty.

On the other hand, I suppose there are occasional stories in the news of some guy getting caught and making a run for it.

Thing is: a yellow Z06 is probably not the easiest car to "blend in" if you're trying not to be noticed in rural towns. Escape the cops in one rural town... ok. But when you get to the next town, it's not like they will not have been informed and they won't notice ya. I'm talking about very rural places of course.

nifty
*Gold Class Member #427

Postby nifty » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:36 am

true fact is yellow is the most safest colour as well.....
imagane booming along the nulabor in this thing, no cops in sight, until a fixed wing plane or a helicopter scream overhead and there is a copper waiting at the next town with a ticket just for you....

steves87
Gold Class Member #687

Postby steves87 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:54 pm

i had he same thing happen to me the other week at work (only i didnt get the keys) had a bit of a chat to the guy, reckons its one of 4 in the state... i know of the other two (blue and yellow)but im not sure what the other colour is

eerrrrrr.... phone camera pics

nifty
*Gold Class Member #427

Postby nifty » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:04 pm

eems to be raining yellow vettes at the moment...bring em on...love yellow

Panther
*Gold Class Member #460

Postby Panther » Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:12 am

seems like you like yellow in everything,
side marker BMW, by looking at the glove box its a QLD conversion, cut and shut of the dash, and I don't have a spare $200K also not a fan of C6, spent quite a bit of road time in one last year in the US

Return to “Sixth Generation C6 (2005-2012) Photographs”