FORUM CLOSURE

Non Model-specific & Forum Announcements.

Moderators: DOC, MR.WOLF, australi, smackC4

australi
* Founding Administrator

FORUM CLOSURE

Postby australi » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:09 am

Gidday everyone.
It's been some 13(?) years since I started the ACA, and I'm over paying every year for domains, hosting etc, so won't be renewing this year...
I GUESS I may as well keep the facebook group alive, as it doesn't cost anything, BUT; the site and forum, which used to be a hive of activity, will be no more.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/331511365811/

It's come close to this a few times in recent years, but this time...No more.

If you are on the forum and haven't done so, grab each others numbers of people you chat with, as when it expires, you won't be able to communicate via that medium. *Check your messages NOW, as they will go when forum goes & like everything else, will be unrecoverable!

THANK-YOU to the few who have kept it going all these years, and for the positive feedback.
All the very best,
Steve Mack
Founder / President
Australian Corvettes Association

StephenSLR

Re: FORUM CLOSURE

Postby StephenSLR » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:04 pm

It's been fun and will be missed I'm sure.

Do you have a fb page where one doesn't have to join a group?

s

riverracer
*Senior Forum User

Postby riverracer » Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:47 pm

i have said it before, farcebook has killed traditional forums, i will NEVER go on farcebook....

anyway, it's been a wealth of information for us, local parts, local solutions, local fun.

if anyone is in WA for the nationals at easter, come and say hi to the yellow beast, and it's in QLD next easter.

ttfn
alan, aka riverracer
Speed has never killed anyone,
Suddenly becoming stationary that's what gets you.

Knotacare
General Forum User

Postby Knotacare » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:56 pm

I occasionally posted here & enjoyed the info you put out. I have thought about closing my forum (www.corvettec3.com) due to costs, but the google ads keep it close. It brings in about $300.00 to $400.00 USA/ year. You are all welcome to join or post on our forum. Friendly people with some great knowledge. I definitely agree Facebook has all but destroyed some great forums.
Alan :D

StephenSLR

Postby StephenSLR » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:22 am

riverracer wrote:i have said it before, farcebook has killed traditional forums

It absolutely has!

There's a few fb car groups & pages and they're hopeless in comparison. The search feature is terrible as they don't have traditional sub-forums so there's a lot of searching if you want to find anything and it has way too many people that know nothing but Chinese Whispers when it comes to cars; something they heard from a mate of a mate back in the 70's they consider gospel and argue tooth and nail against experts that worked with the cars on race tracks, assembly lines, dealerships, etc.

The NSW Corvette & US Muscle (Aus.) forums are still around so I may see some of you there if you make the transition. It isn't as bustling as it was back in the day but car forums are doing a little better than all the other forums that got gobbled up by fb.

s

YLLA 88
*Gold Class Member #444

Postby YLLA 88 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:56 pm

Thanks for the years lads :D

Return to “General CORVETTE Discussion”