Hello Everyone - Corvette Recycling

C5 General Discussion

Moderators: DOC, MR.WOLF, australi, smackC4

CorvetteRecycling
General Forum User

Hello Everyone - Corvette Recycling

Postby CorvetteRecycling » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:21 am

Hi everyone,
This is Colton Christensen from Corvette Recycling. You may have noticed our banner that now sits on the main page of the forum. I am currently trying to work the bugs out on internationall shipping with our web site but it is more complicated than i thought. You are more than welcome to shop for parts there, but if you find anything you are interesting (at least for the time being) you will need to e-mail me ( Sales@corvetterecycling.com) to work out the detials of the order. I will also be posting deals and sales from time to time and i will try to make sure that they include a shipping price.
Thanks!

www.corvetterecycling.com

Winfield RED
*Gold Class Member #350

Postby Winfield RED » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:21 am

How are ya mate? Welcome to the forum.

nifty
*Gold Class Member #427

Postby nifty » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:13 am

gday and welcome.......

Jarrad
*Senior Forum User

Postby Jarrad » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:31 am

Welcome :) Always good to have more international retailers :o

australi
* Founding Administrator

Postby australi » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:05 am

Gidday again Colton; :o

shipping prices from USA to Australia have always been a complex operation I found, although at the current exchange rates our respective dollar's much closer in value of late.

Winfield RED
*Gold Class Member #350

Postby Winfield RED » Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:17 pm

MAXX WRENCH has never had an issue with shipping to me.

australi
* Founding Administrator

Postby australi » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:17 pm

Nor I.
I mean in examples of companies where the whole freight charge system is done by a formula that (as Colton indicates) is by far very complex to encompass overseas as well as domestic rates. I know, I have done shopping carts for web clients and there's no simple solution.

gtc
* VIP Forum User

Postby gtc » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:30 pm

^ From some of the USA to Oz charges I've seen, I think a lot of USA supplier systems think of a number then triple it.

australi
* Founding Administrator

Postby australi » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:48 pm

Mate; I have no doubt that our 'Australia post' IS far superior in their service (& usually charges), to 'US Postal Service'. :o

gtc
* VIP Forum User

Postby gtc » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:01 pm

Most of the US suppliers I deal with (and I'm talking about many areas not just cars parts) avoid the US Postal Service for o/s transactions because of non-delivery issues and instead use private couriers like UPS, DHL and FedEx.

I'm convinced that many of the supplier systems add a very large profit margin on top of the base courier charges for "handling".

Panther
*Gold Class Member #460

Postby Panther » Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:24 am

[quote="gtc"]Most of the US suppliers I deal with (and I'm talking about many areas not just cars parts) avoid the US Postal Service for o/s transactions because of non-delivery issues and instead use private couriers like UPS, DHL and FedEx.

Dead True, US postal has some real issues, reluctant to ever use them, I have had items vanish

MAXX WRENCH
*Gold Class Member #200

Postby MAXX WRENCH » Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:22 pm

THAT IS STRANGE...EVERY PART I HAVE SENT TO EVERYONE IN AUS HAS BEEN SENT VIA USPS WITH NO PROBS AT ALL...I REMEMBER ONE MEMBER THAT WAITED ALMOST A FULL YEAR TO GET HIS LUGGAGE RACK FOR HIS C3 THAT WAS SENT VIA UPS
ONE SHOT ONE KILL I WIN

nifty
*Gold Class Member #427

Postby nifty » Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:51 pm

MAXX WRENCH wrote:THAT IS STRANGE...EVERY PART I HAVE SENT TO EVERYONE IN AUS HAS BEEN SENT VIA USPS WITH NO PROBS AT ALL...I REMEMBER ONE MEMBER THAT WAITED ALMOST A FULL YEAR TO GET HIS LUGGAGE RACK FOR HIS C3 THAT WAS SENT VIA UPS
and at last count HE STILL HASNT GOT IT YET.

australi
* Founding Administrator

Postby australi » Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:14 pm

MAXX WRENCH wrote:THAT IS STRANGE...EVERY PART I HAVE SENT TO EVERYONE IN AUS HAS BEEN SENT VIA USPS WITH NO PROBS AT ALL...I REMEMBER ONE MEMBER THAT WAITED ALMOST A FULL YEAR TO GET HIS LUGGAGE RACK FOR HIS C3 THAT WAS SENT VIA UPS

Yep; never had ONE problem when buying parts from you Maxxy, but once I waited FOUR MONTHS to get a package from E(K*^^S!!! :shock: :evil:

...And they were bloody fuel injectors too! - The 'Snow Dragon' was going NOWHERE 'till they arrived! :cry: :?

Winfield RED
*Gold Class Member #350

Postby Winfield RED » Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:38 am

Exactly what ive said all along, but then what would i know eh?

All the harley parts my mates wanted brought in they insisted the first time i use UPS, for way more, it wouldnt take the usual 7-10 days i get from MAXX WRENCH, it would be 4-6 weeks, but hey, it was actually 3 months to the day before i had them here.

2nd innings, they said f*** UPS, i want you to try FEDEX this time, this time it took alot less, but then it was still over 7 weeks or more.

Needless to say when they asked me to bring in more stuff for them, i told them to do it my way or do it themselves, then said bugger yas, do it yourselves anyway, this isnt getting me anything apart from a headache.

I have NEVER EVER waited more than 12 days for a package from MAXX WRENCH, and the one that did take 12 days was sent Friday arvo his time, took 12 days to get to my doorstep, and was a very big and quite heavy box. Ive received alot from MAXX WRENCH, and never once more than 2 days, and never ever used anything other than USPS. Also received items from Florida via regular USPS as well, and always within 12 days, even over a weekend.

Maybe it depends on the person filling out the paperwork before they send it eh?

australi
* Founding Administrator

Postby australi » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:23 am

Winfield RED wrote:Maybe it depends on the person filling out the paperwork before they send it eh?

...That could be right, or it may depend on the intellect of the local mail service? : The FASTEST delivery of a package I've so far received from ANYONE in the USA, has come from Maxxwrench!! :o

Winfield RED
*Gold Class Member #350

Postby Winfield RED » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:29 pm

Yes, it can be done, and for whatever reason, ive had packages from Florida, LA, and lots from Colorado that havent taken long at all.

Return to “Fifth Generation C5 (1997-2004) General Discussion”